[kictanet] Death as we slumber

Solomon Mburu Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:38:36 EAT 2010

@ Agosta, the government would rather buy these softwares than getting
them free, whether they are free softwares or proprietary ones.
Just out of another curiosity, have you ever come govt's offices on FOSS?

On 13/01/2010, Agosta Liko <agostal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert
>
> Out of curiosity .... do the laws of the land allow private companies to
> give government bodies free software ?
>
> We can call it AID ....
>
> It would really be cool
>
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 9:35 AM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The death of the City Council of Nairobi Councilor might have been averted
>> if we had a better managed emergency service 999 or 911.
>>
>> It seems the police on patrol where told that the car had been stolen but
>> they where not informed if the owner had been taken hostage.
>>
>> We need to have the control room manned by well trained personnel and a
>> logging system implemented so that when such cases are being investigated
>> it
>> is easier to know where the information breakdown occurred.
>>
>> Reminds me of a game we used to play in primary school called "broken
>> telephone".
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Robert Yawe
>> KAY System Technologies Ltd
>> Phoenix House, 6th Floor
>> P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
>> Kenya
>>
>> Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau
P.O. Box 19343 - 00202 Nairobi
Cell: (+254-0) 735 431041

Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all
the same way to the side of a hill!

AND

It is better to die in dignity than in the ignomity of ambiguous generosity!

http://dawn-in-kenya.blogspot.com
http://smiley2.wordpress.com
http://mburu.sikika.co.ke