[kictanet] Is Kenya Really Going Digital and Open?

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Fri Jan 8 17:13:41 EAT 2010

Edith,

Perhaps, the process is a way of "vetting" would be genuine "promoters" from
those
who may have "ulterior" motives - Maybe, there might be genuine concerns
(may be
misplaced), based on the sensitivity of the information you are seeking. I
do not
know what rules are employed in the Library there - But again I think some
formal
process being employed like in other libraries is in order, when picking the
material
there.

Perhaps the issue here is the bureaucracy at play. We have to cut through
this "Red
Tape' thing of "You have to speak to my superior".

I agree, to cut this whole process down, the best thing is to avail content
online
for public consumption.

Harry