[kictanet] My take: ICT Parks

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 7 17:00:48 EAT 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the support, I would agree with you on the International airport issue if we are looking at travel within the East & Central African region as the bus for international partnering left some time back, the one currently boarding is for regional partnering.

We need to think our we can develop ICT and Technology Parks to serve Kenya first then the region.  Lets stop the coffee farmer concept where it was believed that only musungu can buy their coffee and now that he does not have any more money to but the coffee the poor farmer in Tetu is now destitute.

I found this document on the web some time back called the ICT Tsunami, I have searched by have been unable to find the link to the source so I will extract part of the content.  If anyone has the link to the document please circulate it to the rest.

"To make this dream a reality, KTCIP will utilize Ksh
201 million to fund the development of unique and
innovative applications for use by the government and
the private sector. This allocation will be disbursed
as grants to support the development of at least 15
applications for the private sector and at least three for
the government and the public sector."

A beautiful concept, so why not setup a park to develop and implement this applications as the seed.

Robert Yawe

KAY System Technologies Ltd

Phoenix House, 6th Floor

P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200