[kictanet] ICT TV Station

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:03:02 EAT 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:30 PM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So far no response from Skinkworks are they interested or can we open up
> the opportunity to anyone else who is willing to do the same, such as the
> universities and ICT colleges.
>
> Synergy, the developers of the live.mystocks.co.ke web site, are retiring
> some of their old servers as they upgrade their infrastructure are offering
> us one of the servers at a discounted rate.
>
> Please find below the specifications, please confirm if this will be
> sufficient for setting up the system.
>
> HP DL 380 G3 PROLIANT
> 2 (DUAL) Processor(s): XEON 3.006GHz/512KB L2 CACHE
> 4096 MB PC2100 ECC RAM(4x1024MB)
> RAID Controller: Smart Array 5i+ Controller (64MB)

Hello Robert,

>From what I can see, this thread has not reached skunkworks at all since
it's inception because they were not marked in the first place. I have been
snooping on the list and did spare some time to look at what it entails to
setup an IPTV. Based on the following
howto<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/29/iptv_network_setup/> I
am inclined to think that more equipment will still be needed for the
project. There are folks in skunkworks who are upto this task and I believe
one, Aki is one such geek:)

I am CCing this to them.

PS: Skunkworks - The thread
http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/pipermail/kictanet/2010-February/008575.html