[kictanet] ICT Park Presentation - . . . free lunch

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 12:12:13 EAT 2010

Hi,

I believe my cooling out session is over for instigating for Dr. Ndemo to give is a presentation and my failing to attend

Being an astute planner I had taken into account the possibility of not being able to attend the session which is why I proposed that this historic presentation for recorded for posterity and to use against Dr. Ndemo if he ever decided to run for higher office.

My suggestion that we contribute a token amount, 500/-, towards the hosting was short down and a free model was adopted all because of our entitlement mentality and over reliance on donors.  This resulted in those who did not make it to the session miss the opportunity to listen to what was articulated as the "free" recording seems to have come to naught.

There is a saying that goes "there is nothing like a free lunch", I hope the next time we shall avoid the free model.

Regards

 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor