[kictanet] Vandalism menace

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Tue Feb 9 18:12:42 EAT 2010

Jevans,
The problem is us.  Until we get to know wrong and right, we shall complain for ever.  Understanding these basics would lead to ethical behaviour where we shall have a national moral vision and values.  The jails wont do it.  Every Kenyan knows we need the Fibre Optic for better communication.

But we have some selfish highly unethical small minded people who think to be competitive is to  sabotage your competitor.  These are the people paying criminals to damage infrastructure.  One day the long arm of the Government will catch up with them.

At the sight of every opportunity we complain.  Now we ask what to do with excess harvest yet we have internet.  Those of us with the knowledge should help the poor farmers make cheese out of their milk.  Check agoa export list.  Cheese is among the prominent products.  Cheese making would create additional jobs and revenue to the country.

On maize, we have thousands of graduates from JKUAT with enormous post harvest knowledge.  Another opportunity to delay consumption, create jobs, increase food security and so on.

The seemingly unsamountable problems are great opportunities.  So Robert should seek how we (all of us) can help the situation.  When you see a house burning you do not start asking why the city council is not coming to put off the fire.  NCPB can do what they want but let us use our knowledge to help those cannot help themselves.

Ndemo.
Sent from my BlackBerry®