[kictanet] Vandalism menace

Rad! conradakunga at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 16:21:15 EAT 2010

Which beggars the question -- wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run
to fix the underlying problem -- restricting physical access to the
cabling -- once and for all?

Why can't all the stakeholders come together and pool resources and
come up with some sort of tunnel infrastructure with smart card
controlled access hatches and service tunnels where all these cables
are encased in the physical security of concrete?

And no, the usual card of appealing to government need not be played.

Let the players take initiative. It's in their own best interest.