[kictanet] Paypal Vs Mpesa

Wainaina Mungai wainaina at madeinkenya.org
Thu Feb 4 00:03:32 EAT 2010

Hi all,

Is there someone following up the updating of Paypal accounts using MPESA?

Instead of Mpesa vs. Paypal, why not - "Integrate M~Pesa with PayPal" ? -
See the thread on
http://paypal.lithium.com/pdn/board/message?board.id=innovate&thread.id=475

WM

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM, Barrack Otieno
<otieno.barrack at gmail.com>wrote:

> Honourable Members,
> I was just having a chat with a good friend who is a web developer over the
> issue of online payments. I realised paypal is common but the procedure and
> processes involved seem to be too complicated despite the fact that it is an
> important medium for online transactions globally. Does anyone has an idea
> of how we can encouarage local banks to interface with such systems to
> facilitate online transactions instead of the difficult route being
> undertaken currently, better still can mpesa be a viable option. They have
> an arrangement with pesa point which saved my neck on new year because of
> its efficiency can it be extended to facilitate online transactions
> international (say with Kenyans in diaspora
> Just curious
>
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Alex Gakuru <alex.gakuru at yahoo.com>wrote:

---
http://www.bungesms.com