[kictanet] Limited Floats

Wainaina Mungai wainaina at madeinkenya.org
Wed Feb 3 18:40:10 EAT 2010

Kirui,

I gather part of it is created by the dealers to increase their income.

Some dealers tell me it's because they earn the same per mpesa
transaction regardless of how much you are sending. If they help
transfer KSh. 20,000/=, they get the same commission as for
transfering KSh. 4,000/=

In effect, they'd rather transfer 5 separate batches of KSh. 4,000/=
than a lumpsum KSh. 20,000, which may be all the 'float' they have. If
this is true, then Safaricom should have a more attractive commissions
model.

WM

--
Sent from my mobile device