[kictanet] Request for input IGF Geneva open meeting 9th February

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Mon Feb 1 20:08:38 EAT 2010

Dear IGF Colleagues,

The agenda for next weeks open session in Geneva has been posted
by the IGF secretariat
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/Contributions2009/Agenda.Consultat
ions.09.02.2010.pdf

One can see that a substantive agenda item is the
Regional/National meetings. Please give me the input that I or
MAG colleague Katundu  can relay, such as activities planned for
the year.

Other useful input:
1. Your thoughts about the theme for Vilnius meeting. Last year
it was "IG: Opportunities for All". In that meeting there was
emphasis on development and capacity building for 2010 meeting so
perhaps the theme can reflect that, plus some indirect
suggestions that the IGF should continue. If the theme from
Vilnius comes from EA that will be great!

2. Your thoughts on agenda item "Taking stock of the 2009 meeting
– lessons learned" - give your views even if only a paragraph.

3. Your thoughts about the main sessions for 2010 and whether we
should also keep the progam format or make changes from what we
had in Sharm.

After the MAG meeting 10-11th Feb. I will be able to share
information on the final agreed program format for Vilnius as
well as information for those interested in holding  workshops.

Kind Regards,
Waudo
"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the ones
doing it."
-old proverb