[kictanet] Kenyan BPO fails to snap up the subsidy, why?

Edwin Onchari eonchari at kenyabposociety.or.ke
Mon Feb 1 07:57:39 EAT 2010

Hi all,

The lack of business can and will be addressed on 2 fronts:
1. marketing - The Society is developing a model that will bear fruit
mid-year (June/July) for key international markets (North America, UK) and
throughout the year for the local market beginning this month (February). We
are also developing marketing strategies for the EU market that is more
targeting ITES operations.
2. Capacity- this includes what Charles is talking about, fiber, ease of
doing business, but most important (especially for international clients)
data security policy. This policy is being developed (requirements document)
in collaboration with our partners in key markets and once information
collection is complete, we'll develop a data security guideline for the
industry and assist local players comply with this ahead of the June/July
marketing initiative.

Kind regards,

Edwin M Onchari
CEO- Kenya BPO Society