[kictanet] Safaricom data bundles

Betty Mwangi bmwangi1 at Safaricom.co.ke
Mon Dec 20 08:00:16 EAT 2010

Joe well noted and we shall take into account as part of the improvement process

Thanks for the feedback - very much appreciated

Rgds

Betty

BlackBerry® powered by Safaricom

________________________________

From: Joseph Mucheru
To: Betty Mwangi
Cc: mucheru at google.com ; kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
Sent: Sat Dec 18 04:06:11 2010
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Safaricom data bundles

Betty,

One more thing, data bundles are not considered cash if topped up using another postpaid line. This means every 3 months I have to send airtime to my iPad and 3G routers, airtime I never use since they are data only devices. There is usually no warning or error message. Service just stops working even though you have plenty of data bundle remaining. The line is considered inactive if you do not buy airtime in 90 days.

I find it convenient to have one bill and so I use the post paid ussd *200# services to top-up my pre-paid data lines. The data bundle process for postpaid lines in devices like iPads is a nightmare if you want to take advantage of the many options & special offers and bundles. You must send requests from the device.

Please rectify this as you process the other requests. It will go a long way.

Thanks

--
Joe Mucheru
Regional Lead, Sub-Saharan Africa