[kictanet] Honouring the man who linked Kenya to world (was Update on Arrangements for Kisumu Reunion – December 21-23rd, 2010)

Harry Karanja kairo at softlaw.co.ke
Tue Dec 14 16:05:42 EAT 2010

Daktari, that’s the name I came to know you by, courtesy of reading your emails on the internet.

It was 1995, and my father had just signed up to your fledgling new ISP from all the way in Njoro, Nakuru. We used the DOS interfaced email to keep in touch with family abroad and would enjoy the daily snippets of news you’d send. As one of three internet connections in the whole of Nakuru district, we had all sorts of visitors coming to use the internet from my dad’s bedroom J

>From that introduction to the internet I’ve never looked back, and the internet has become my source of livelihood.

Thanks Daktari.

Harry Karanja n Director n SoftLaw Limited n Genius Executive Centre n 15th Floor View Park Towers  n Utalii Lane n Nairobi CBD n Tel: +254 20 342 225