[kictanet] Kenic seems to be down

Joe Kiragu kiragu at kenic.or.ke
Tue Dec 7 18:57:57 EAT 2010

Yawe,

The problem with KENIC- KXP link yesterday has since been sorted out
Having said that the latency  experienced on the link could not be the
reason why your emails are bouncing
since the other .KE  root server were authoritative/ Available.

There are number of reasons why mails bounce;
a) Domain Related
- Domain not exist
- Domain expired
- Invalid delegation (name server not authoritative)
- invalid MX records

b) Hosting Related
- Blacklisted mail server
- Mailbox unavailable
- Mailbox full, or Quote Exceeded
- Mail server not available
- Filters

Kindly send me details of the domains to enable me  carry out a full
diagnosis.

Regards,
Joe Kiragu
Administrative Manager
Kenya Network Information Centre (KENIC)
"Where the internet begins in Kenya"
kiragu at kenic.or.ke