[kictanet] Universal Access in Kenya (Is it really working?)

Vitalis Olunga volunga at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 11:26:30 EAT 2010

Dear Listers,

It is high time we review our Policy on UA/S to make align it with our national
ITC strategies.  The UA fund model, where well managed  has worked quite well in
the countries that are scring hgher in the implemetaion of UA strategies. It
should be left to operators to decide on which medel to use.  Also there should
be an elaborate regulatory compliance returns methodolgy, developed by the
regulatory authority to have the data, and even make it posted in their website
for the public to have access, not to relying on what the operators would save
with respect to the accesibilty of the services. I am not sure whether this DV
cocept falls under regulatory requireent as a substitute to UA Fund, and whther
the regulator has the powers to enforce it.  Some of the studies could also
have purposeful objectives.

Regards

Vitalis