[kictanet] electronic results Referendum system..

Harry Hare harry at africanedevelopment.org
Fri Aug 6 07:49:15 EAT 2010

Wash, the law has to be amended to remove legal exposures to e-Voting.
Especially the confirmation of the result which has to be done on a ³signed²
Form 16A assuming physical nature of the form. I am not sure how this is
affected by the new constitution. Having said that the IIEC has this on top
of their agenda, so I suspect come 2012, e-Voting will be in place. I think
its in order to congratulate the IIEC and especially their Tech team.

Harry

On 8/5/10 1:21 PM, "Washington Odhiambo" <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Wamuyu Gatheru <wamuyulearn at yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>>

>> Am not so sure that the system was a success. Over one third of polling
>> stations failed to transmit electronically for various reasons including poor
>> network (5,964 failed of a total of 20,750 polling stations). This would be
>> chaos for a general election.
>>

> Being the first time it was used on a very large scale, almost a replica of a
> general election, I think they have done very well. They now have the
> information required to fine tune the system for the GE.
>
> I had expected to vote electronically, but it appears that only the
> registration was electronic, where I registered, but I am not complaining.

African eDevelopment Resource Centre
eDevelopment House  : :  604 Limuru Road
Old Muthaiga  : : P O Box 49475 00100
Nairobi : : Kenya
T +254 20 3741646/7 : :  C +254 725 650044

Training :  : Research:  :Consultancy:  : Publishing