[kictanet] ICDL - I apologise(RESTRICTED ACCESS)

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 13:11:14 EAT 2010

Hi Walu,

It is good to know that there is a push to resolve this issue.

My proposal would be to have the software developed by a private entity which
would then do a revenue share with KASNEB whose main resistance is based on a
fear of loosing their traditional income streams which is examination fees.

Lets look at raising angle funds for anyone who can come up with an online
testing software that can equal or even rival the likes of smartforce, ICT-Board
does not have the capacity to handle such an undertaking as they are more of a
procurement agency.

Dr. Ndemo, we seriously need to enforce legislation otherwise all we shall keep
loosing our edge as an outsourcing destination.  Maybe having the issue of
ICT proficiency should be spearheaded by the Ministry of Youth who I believe are
now responsible for the village polytechnics.  As higher education has dropped
the ball on this one.

Regards

 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd