[kictanet] Defining a Mobile Apps Lab for Africa

King'ori Gitahi kingorigitahi at ovi.com
Sun Apr 18 18:39:59 EAT 2010

Hi guys,

Nokia, WorldBank and Finland have come together to spur the innovation
ecosystem in Africa.  A key input of this wider programme is the
importance of Mobile Applications and how we can use that to scale
businesses.

If you are a developer, business analyst, educationist, academic,
economist etc.  This is your opportunity to give your view on:

Does Africa need a mobile applications laboratory?

·         What services should it provide?

·         Where should it be located?

·         What existing initiatives exist in this field?

·         Which applications are likely to prove successful in Africa?

·         With which partners should the lab work?

·         What would be the measure of success?

We have a real opportunity to determine where the Mobile Industry will
look like in Africa in another 20 years.
Shoot me an email for any queries.

More info here:  http://www.infodev.org/en/Article.517.html
Register here:   http://mobileafrica.eventbrite.com

Looking forward to meeting you all,

King'ori Gitahi

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a
way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.

Nelson Mandela

Ovi Mail: Making email access easy
http://mail.ovi.com