[kictanet] Who is ICT Board? - Capacity Building (Victor Maloi)

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Wed Apr 7 18:25:53 EAT 2010

Victor Malo,

Thanks for the update on Rwanda.

Let's put things in context: the discussion was around what model would be most effective in service delivery. Rwanda and South Africa, which I am familiar with adopted one model; we in Kenya have taken another route. We may yet succeeded, but there are clear pros and cons regarding the road we have taken versus the one not taken. And that is NOT a complaint but a critique.

We should not be averse to continually examine this road taken and how best to address challenges we face in there. Examples: duplication, delivery standards, information protection, risk management, content & application development, etc. all aimed at effective and efficient service delivery.

As well, even with the best/model in place, there are no guarantees of success without requisite factors such as effective management, efficient resource allocation, discipline, commitment, etc.

I realize that this debate took place a while back; I wasn't on the list as many others that joined later. However, the issues raised are pertinent and need to be considered for what they are: concerns and feedback that could help strengthen current strategy. And indeed, they contribute towards common understanding of what is happening among stakeholders.

Lilian (I believe) brought up a very important point: ICT Governance & compliance. It is NOT clear who or what body in the Kenyan scene has this responsibility, especially with respect to Government ICT services and service delivery.

 Baadaye.
Matunda Nyanchama, mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com
“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.”- George Bernard Shaw
This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.