[kictanet] Telkom Orange - a service nightmare

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 16:51:56 EAT 2010

Hi,

It is scary our Telkom's service has gone from bad to horrible, so I ask is Orange a savour or just a corporate raider?

For over 3 weeks a client of ours who has been hosting their domain with Jambo was unable to send mail he reported the issue to the support department and their was no response.  Finally on Thursday they moved the domain hosting to another provider.

This morning another client has become the process of moving his domain away from Jambo, what shocks me is that I have also written mail to the support and marketing people on both issues with no response.  Even at the height of Telkom's inefficiencies I never experienced such a negative attention to my issues.  This is a clear indication that the organisation truly required the 17,000 staff members it had, now they have been reduced to 3,500.

Does anyone out there know how I can report Orange to CCK for not meeting its service requirements or are we at the mercy of this incompetent baffuns?

My conclusion is that Orange is here to grab the assets of Telkom sell them off then leave, because from the attitude of the new management they definitely have no intention of reviving Telkom.  This is a case for KACA and should be an eye opener to us that there are actually many incompetent muzungus.

 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200