[kictanet] Who is ICT Board? Hijacked

Emmanuel Khisa Emmanuel.khisa at kadet.co.ke
Mon Apr 5 19:14:27 EAT 2010

Daktari,

I think you are spot on on the issues raised. Until we have a body unifying
the ICT Professionals we will never have a voice to effectively engage other
stakeholders, say what happens when say Lawyers(LSK) demand some form of
engagement with the regards to ICT law, who will be mandated to represent
interest of ICT professionals, or say Health professionals body(KMA or
KM&DPB) seeking our input(by our I mean ICT professionals) regarding some
aspects of Health Information system, who will engage with them and how will
these people claim to represent the industry? We may have previously engaged
as ICT stakeholders but is this a sustainable model...I believe we cannot
continue to operate in this kind of chaotic situation. Kudos to KictaNet
though some useful intra-industry discussion that are very informative go on
here, but more could be done. Question is how and where do we start and how
do we manage it so professionally that we avoid the pitfalls of unnecessary
politicking and be able to engage as ICPAK does for finance professionals of
all shades (Auditors, Financial Analyst, Financial Accountants, Management
Accountants)

My one cent.

EK