[kictanet] Kenya's Safaricom says to test 4G later in 2010

Solomon Mburu Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 10:21:31 EAT 2010

On 01/04/2010, Dorcas Muthoni <dmuthoni at gmail.com> wrote:
> Very welcome...LTE or call it 4G will be very good for the last mile, we
> need it here! We are speaking about insanely fast speeds … potential as high
> as 150Mbps download and upload speeds as high as 50Mbps … about 100x more
> bandwidth (much faster) than most 3G networks. Safaricom should go ahead and
> test!

IMHO, while this is a great idea it should not just be pegged on the
speeds but also on the consumer benefit.
Just to ask, how many consumers outside Nairobi really understand the
essence behind 3G? Can Safaricom, say, for instance, the viability of
3G, at the moment from the consumers end? What about areas which are
not fully covered by 3G?

Sometimes, the consumer ends up getting confused with this 'new'
products leaving him with no choice but to subscribe without public
education, which is an essential tool for helping the end user make
informed choices at the end of the day.

--
Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau
P.O. Box 19343 - 00202 Nairobi

Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all
the same way to the side of a hill!

AND

It is better to die in dignity than in the ignomity of ambiguous generosity!

http://dawn-in-kenya.blogspot.com
http://smiley2.wordpress.com
http://mburu.sikika.co.ke