[kictanet] Fwd: [Skunkworks] Do commercial web portals andsitesfall into Content Service Provider category?

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 10:44:27 EAT 2009

Hi,

It is good to see that there are many people out there who are developing content I feel we need to form a platform where we can share information of what we are doing to reduce duplication and create opportunities for collaboration.

But what we are fighting for right now is to have this punitive licensing fees for those who would like to charge for their content.

Dr. Ndemo gave a process for how we should make money from advertising after the content has been offered for free, but what about those who want to pay for the content without being bombarded with advertising?

Why do we want to have the developers start off with a 100,000/- deficit that has gone towards licensing yet it would have been better utilised in product development?

It is encouraging that the PS has indicated he is more than willing to walk with us to have this licensing charges lowered or waived on a case by case basis.  So lets look at the media act and any other that might be acting as bottlenecks to developing content and any other ICT issues.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor