[kictanet] Network outage

Sam Aguyo saguyo at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 15:13:44 EAT 2009

Dear Listeners,

On the 18 September, 2009 University of Nairobi held its graduation where quite a number of people turned up.  However, i noted that no calls could be made from or to the venue.  I disparately called a 0721... 0720... from my 0722... number between around 10AM to 2:00PM thereabouts with little success.

My wonder is, was this deliberate courtesy of University of Nairobi, does it mean that the service providers run into problems when a huge number of subscribers gather at a central point or what could course this.  It is important to get an explanation for good planning in future since telephony has become part of our lives.

Regards,

Sam

http://mail.yahoo.com