[kictanet] Time Out!

Solomon Mburu solo.mburu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 23:16:20 EAT 2009

I fully concur with Catherine. If there is a problem to be addressed,
let us raise it up in a manner that is acceptable and diplomatic.
There is no need to go to the level of character assassination because
we don't agree on some issues.

When some comments were raised during the day, I froze, not knowing
whether to continue as a lister on this forum or pull out. It is only
after realizing pulling out will give the character 'assasinators'
have a field day.

My opinion is to make the group focus on the relevance of ICT Policy
issues instead of anything some people feel it is good.

Interestingly, these allegations come only a day after  the EAI-GF and
the originators of the information, did not even take part in the
forum!

On 10/09/2009, Catherine Adeya <elizaslider at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Walu,
>
> I am equally concerned and have come in at the tail-end when I heard  what
> was going on in Kicatnet (actually offline in various ICT fora). I have had
> a chance to catch up on emails and I am shocked and equally disgusted. I had
> thought I should not reply but hey....I know it is a challenge for you as
> the moderator but my advice to all is to stick to ICT issues, if you cannot
> you really should be struck from this list.
>
> We have had many healthy and useful debates, let us not degrade the great
> opportunity we have to interact on this online forum. There are many
> countries where this would not be allowed, however productive and innocent
> it was. Let us not abuse our opportunities. KICTANET has been used as a
> model in many parts of Africa, and there is still room for
> it......personality issues MUST NOT BE ALLOWED! Please respect this
> space....I do understand Consumers must have a voice but do put your issues
> in appropriate language and stick to the issues.....if it high cost of the
> Internet....just say so and let others give suggestions etc.
>
> Best,
>
> Nyaki

>>> 2. Do you have his contacts??