[kictanet] Invitation: 2009 EA-IGF, 7-9 September 2009, Nairobi, Kenya

Solomon Mburu solo.mburu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 19:00:19 EAT 2009

I think today we were just setting the pace for knowing each other, at least
to settle the dust, from our various national IGFs.
In the next two days, I see a situation where emerging issues will be raised
more so, on Vincent issue- which McTim raised.

Otherwise, today's meeting, in my opinion, addressed the issues which are
pertinent to strengthening Internet Governance in this region!

2009/9/7 waudo siganga <emailsignet at mailcan.com>

> This meeting is a great meeting. I have not seen something like this for
> a long time. Congratulations to the organizers for reaching this high
> level of achievement which will certainly resonate across the world and
> raise our region's profile.
> Waudo
>
> On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 01:50 -0700, "Walubengo J" <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > McTim,
> >
> > thanx for your observations.  i think what Vincent meant was the bigger
> > picture which is that for our issues to be 'felt' or 'heard' at a global
> > level, it counts to speak as a Region.
> >
> > And so according to me one major outcome from the ongoing meeting is to
> > learn from each other and arrive at what you might call an E.African
> > view/position on the various burning issues under CyberSecurity, Domain
> > mngt, Infrastrucutre (e.g. undersea cable), Local Content, etc.
> >
> > walu.

Solomon Mburu
P.O. Box 19343 - 00202 Nairobi
Cell: (+254-0) 735 431041

Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all the
same way to the side of a hill!

AND

It is better to die in dignity than in the ignomity of ambiguous generosity!