[kictanet] The future of the IGF

Badru Ntege ntegeb at one2net.co.ug
Mon Oct 26 09:01:49 EAT 2009

Interesting.

In UG the Uganda Broadband infrastructure strategy team had recomended
similar clasifications for Broadband starting with 256K and doubling every
year.  So looks like we were not too far of the mark.  However the challenge
would be the enforceability of this and whether it will be left to the
market to or to the regulators to ensure compliance.

Market preference means that clients would vote with their feet in choosing
the provider who delivers but since it is a sellers market the feeling is
that the impact would be limited.   Regulatory enforcement would put a big
strain on the resources.

Interesting to hear views on this.

Regards

Badru