[kictanet] How Politics fails Public Sector Information System Projects.

S.Murigi Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 08:53:37 EAT 2009

Dear All,

There is a software developer meet that Conrad facilitates for us
Microsoft Partners and Professionals.

In the November meeting Conrad and others can shed more some light on
how a system such as the one he described (in the e-mail below) can be done.

We will have another 2 or 3 software developers of Conrad's caliber in a
panel discussing this kind of system .

When to build Information Systems from scratch (via the .Net framework)
and why some Orgs choose to customize Microsoft (SharePoint and CRM)
Servers instead.

The software developers (project managers) all have experience
developing these kinds of systems for Local and Multi National
Organizations.

We would appreciate if PS Ndemo can join us on the Saturday morning we
meet in early November to help us understand how Politics fails Public
Sector Information System Projects.

http://www.itpro.co.uk/616087/id-cards-and-the-worst-of-public-sector-it-failures

http://www.itpro.co.uk/110317/mps-told-nhs-it-programme-not-looking-good

Will announce location and date after we sync various speaker /
contributor schedules.

Best Regards

SMM

PS. FOSS has been appreciated and awarded in Kenya - more so by others -
so no flames please! Bring your questions to the meet instead.