[kictanet] landmark visit by Sir Tim Berners-Lee - inventor of the World Wide Web .

Rad! conradakunga at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 13:09:23 EAT 2009

I would also be very interested in getting concrete commitments from the
committee in the opening up of parliament and parliamentary information to
Kenyans. They need to walk the talk. I know from personal experience it is
extremely difficult to get information out of parliament like hansards,
bills, voting positions etc. Even information on parliamentarians is cursory
at best - look at the MP profiles on the current site
http://www.parliament.go.ke/parliament/members.php.

Parliamentarians and supporting institutions need to demonstrate a
commitment to engage the citizens. Technology in itself won't help if the
people don't have the drive to participate