[kictanet] landmark visit by Sir Tim Berners-Lee - inventor of the World Wide Web .

muriuki mureithi mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
Mon Nov 9 23:43:26 EAT 2009

Hi colleagues

Kenya will proudly host Sir Tim Berners-Lee  the inventor of the World Wide
Web  who lands in Kenya on 19th to 22nd . Please see his rich resume at
http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/ .   For the internet enthusiasts and
indeed everybody  now enjoying the rich experience of the World Wide Web ,
this   visit is an opportunity to  review how we are exploiting  the
invention for   our development especially now that fibre has
revolutionalised  access to bandwidth.  As we celebrate  the visit, it is
also an opportunity to  reflect on what contributions we are making to
further the invention.

In his four day visit  Sir Berners-Lee will meet the cross section of the
Kenya society ,  high level government  officials ,  parliament and in
particularly committee responsible for ICT, academia , the ICT industry,
civil society,  the techies and very significantly the physically challenged
. I believe a number of KICTANET fraternity will meet  and interact with him
in some of these events. However, due the  limited time of his visit, he may
not meet with all of you. As in the past, we want to use this list for you
to share the thoughts you would have wanted to share with him during his
visit.  We shall collate these  thoughts and pass them to him  during or at
the conclusion of  his visit.  You may wish to  read about  and refine your
thoughts around the World Wide Web Consortium ( www.w3.org) and the World
Wide Web Foundation  (www.webfoundation.org)  institutions he established
and  continues  to support to further  the potential of the web to
humanity.

Cheers
Muriuki Mureithi