[kictanet] My take: IG Discussion 2009, Day 10 of 10 - ePayment Systems and Regulation

Victor Gathara v-gathara at dfid.gov.uk
Fri May 8 12:20:31 EAT 2009

Imoh, Ministry of Info and Comms should take the lead in legislation
affecting the ICT sector and have an overall management role in it. I
think some sort of IT security czar is required (or already exists) and
may rightly sit in the CCK. The ministry should up its communication
strategy even now to alert all on where we are regarding ICT security.
All seems unclear because we (or maybe I) am unaware of what
laws/structures are in place in government to address this issue.

Over to you Dr Ndemo!

Victor