[kictanet] IG Discussion 2009, Day 7 of 10 - Data and Infrastructure Security

mwende njiraini mwende.njiraini at gmail.com
Wed May 6 02:04:16 EAT 2009

Dear all
The UK data protection provides a good benchmark with regards to data
protection and privacy.

The act requires all organisations which handle personal information to
comply with the following eight principles, which make sure that personal
information is:

   - Fairly and lawfully processed
   - Processed for limited purposes
   - Adequate, relevant and not excessive
   - Accurate and up to date
   - Not kept for longer than is necessary
   - Processed in line with your rights
   - Secure
   - Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection

Data protection guide UK:
http://www.ico.gov.uk/Home/for_organisations/data_protection_guide.aspx

Kind regards
Mwende

*Disclaimer: Views expressed here are the author’s own*