[kictanet] media bias consequences,,, a good example

Gakuru Alex alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 23:29:46 EAT 2009

[Throughout KCA discussions most, including our learned friends, were
erroneously made to believe the media that this was just but terrible,
no-good, plain "anti-media law." Now (save for into the third month)
it's good continue emerging. The author's embarrassment and belated
admission of the positives leaves one wondering what the ordinary
(wo)man on the street thinks of the law? Does it make a classic "media
misinformation" research case? I had hoped that un-biased content
obligations by this law were highlighted. This gives information
consumers the opportunity to make their most informed and independent
view of all media features --AlexG]

----
March 15, 2009
Nairobi-Kenya

In Kenya’s recent legislative history, fewer pieces of legislation
have enjoyed as much bad press as the Kenya Communications (Amendment)
Bill (now Act) 2008 (The KCAA). Admittedly, when a colleague in the
industry recently asked me to articulate the positive aspects of the
Act, I was embarrassingly surprised that I did not already have
something I could e-mail him right away. A lot of the material that
was out there seemed to harp on one perceived shortcoming in the Act
or the other. In order to atone for my somewhat unbalanced analysis of
the Act (but without recanting my previous opinions about its
shortcomings), I took the time to prepare this feature-length
commercial about its positive virtues....

<http://michaelmurungi.blogspot.com/2009/03/ten-reasons-to-spare-positive-thought.html>