[kictanet] [Skunkworks] Two major blunders on KTN's "the presenter"

Remorque odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 08:48:54 EAT 2009

2009/3/16 Maina Samson <esmainah at yahoo.com>

> Just observed some two blunders with KTN's concluded "the Presenter" show.
> Who else did?
> 1. Calling a commercial break while on stage already holding the envelop
> containing the name of the winner. That, to me, is supposed to be the most
> transparent stage and even if its good to create some suspense, create it
> with Cameras on the envelop. Otherwise it will become very hard to convince
> the genera viwers other than those in the Lyco regency that nothing happened
> to the envelop during that break. Nevertheless, Fahreed Khimani is a great
> MC, so are Melly and the Yu CEO.
> 2.  Taking a commercial break as indicated in (1) above to advertise
> "Orange- together we can do more" just when the Yu CEO is busy on stage
> trying to capture the crowds with his good MC talent. If I were doing the
> programming, zain, Safcom or Ornage would not have featured anywhere. For
> all goodness sake, Yu were the sponsors!!!!!!
>
> Regards,
>
> Samson Major

@Major,

Sorry, but I must say that in my opinion, you are dwelling on trivialities.
The audience and KPMG were enough to certify the transparency of the
"Presenter".
On the Zain, Safcom and Orange - I don't recall anything so I wouldn't say
anything. Who featured them?

And BTW, I do believe such talent search by KTN was such a brilliant idea.
If Koome and Karani are not absorbed by KTN, and least KTN will have done
all the required work for Citizen, NTV, K24, etc so they can be absorbed
there. It was a win-win kind of thing.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,