[kictanet] Day 6 of 10-KCA 2008-Tuendelee amaTusiendelee?(Vote Results)

David Otwoma otwomad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 08:35:24 EAT 2009

Dear Walu,

There was a whole day meeting on 9th January 2009 at KICC dubbed
'Stakeholders Forum on the Kenya Communication Amendment Act 2008'. Ezekiel
Mutua, Director of Information and Public Communication was the convenor and
in toe there were many speakers inculing the Minister for I&C; Chair of
Parliamentary Committee on Infrastructure, Energy, Information etc.;  ex MP
Koigi; representatives of media owners; clergy; journalists; civil society;
etc. etc.

I liked the presentation by Kenya ICT Federation. They numerated issues they
had raised when the Bill was in its 2nd and 3rd reading before the
Parliamentary Committee but none of their inputs were added to the Act.

Takin a cue from the foregoing and the recent activities (yesterday there
was an KEPSA ICT Sector Board along with the ICT Sector stakeholders meeting
this afternoon at 3.30pm with the Kenya ICT Board) where one of the agendas
was  Kenya Communication Amendment Act, 2008 – status!

Smell the kahawa bwana.

Kind regards,

David