[kictanet] Fw: RE: One subject, varying quality - We lack an accreditation system for ICT courses

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 25 09:21:26 EAT 2009

forwarded--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Emmanuel Khisa <emmanuel.khisa at kadet.co.ke> wrote:

From: Emmanuel Khisa <emmanuel.khisa at kadet.co.ke>
Subject: RE: [kictanet] One subject,varying quality - We lack an accreditation system for  ICT courses
To: "'Walubengo J'" <jwalu at yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 10:11 AM

And Project Discovery Kenya has been able to train more that 200 primary
school teachers over the last five years in conjunction with Institute of
Software technologies...I also know that similar training went on in Yala
Division last April for Primary school teachers in the division organised by
the Computers for Schools.
On the subject of lack of adequate professors, I will leave that to
Academicians and those keen on interrogating academics, I however would like
the ICT training to move from over concentration with the academics and more
to the more handson...more like incubator based learning approach...While
the Far East economies have good universities, they still put more premium
on handson skills...It is sad that even our graduate engineers let alone IT
graduates (who by the way take a lot of flack) cannot invent or think
outside the box...I mean no invention ever comes out of these highly
restricted courses yet only a select few universities dare to venture
into...

The answer in my opinion lies in building skills that are more practical and
focussed on creating entrepreneural opportunities.

Rgds,

Manu

"New opinions are always suspected and usually opposed, without any other
reason but because they are not already common."
P Before printing, think about the Environment and your responsibilities