[kictanet] Africa: Kenya, South Africa, Tunisia Top Innovation Poll (was Re: Kenya ranked among least peaceful states)

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sun Jun 21 08:27:18 EAT 2009

"Africa: Kenya, South Africa, Tunisia Top Innovation Poll
Sharon Davis

Kenya, South Africa and Tunisia have emerged as the top innovators of
Africa in a report on the continent's competitiveness launched last
week.

The three countries - which scored highly on ratings of their
scientific capacity - are on a par with such innovative countries as
Brazil and India, according to The Africa Competitiveness Report
2009, produced by the World Economic Forum, the African Development
Bank and the World Bank Africa.

In a league table that included 33 African countries, and 134
countries overall, Tunisia ranked thirtieth for innovation factors
(and first in Africa); South Africa thirty-sixth (second) and Kenya
fiftieth (third). ..."

Rest of the article at <http://allafrica.com/stories/200906180622.html>

Based on the "Africa Competitiveness Report 2009"
<http://www.weforum.org/en/initiatives/gcp/Africa%20Competitiveness%20Report/index.htm>
(research by World Economic Forum, the African Development Bank and
the World Bank.) Which I have not read, I hope the news article is an
accurate reflection of the report.

Best,

Adam