[kictanet] Institutional framework

godera at skyweb.co.ke godera at skyweb.co.ke
Tue Jun 16 15:03:51 EAT 2009

Listers,

My last take on institutional framework:

There needs to be a body overseeing all these ministries.
It will determine which Ministry will handle which component (seeing how
different ministries are doing business parks etc and duplicating efforts).
And no, I do not see it having such a high budget. The savings it will make
across all ministries by eliminating all the duplication will be more than
enough to sustain it.
This duplication of efforts is wasting scarce resources and needs to be managed.
In my view, an independent separate body would do. It will simply be there to
evaluate and coordinate all BPO activities across all ministries and "home"
them. A one stop BPO body.

Gilda Odera