[kictanet] Media Reports

Luvisia Bakuli luvisia.bakuli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:12:01 EAT 2009

The media need to report both the good and the ugly news. Our wish that
they focus more on positive stories than negative ones may not help the
country in the long run. I think the anger voiced on the list at the
current media stories about Mungiki's menace in Central Province is
misdirected.

Real people are dieing in those villages and we cannot wish that those
deaths were not reported. Rather let's pressurize the Minister and PS in
charge of internal security, the Administration Police, Police,
Paramilitary (GSU), CID, Special Branch, etc to contain this menace.
These government officials should be made to account for these deaths –I
think we need direct our anger and questions at these people not the
media. Bakuli