[kictanet] Day 10/11 of 12- BPO Discussions, Strengths andWeaknesses (Observations from USA and UK); and Trends and Niches

Mwololo Tim timwololo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 09:37:28 EAT 2009

Dr. Ndemo,

You have captured very well the problem with us Kenyans. At the same time,
it is important to acknowledge that we have very many people who are
positive and are doing very good things for this country. But they are
drowned by the bad elements amongst us. However, things will not change if
we do not make a deliberate change intervention. According to me, it will be
almost impossible to achieve V2030 with this attitude. We must change.I
strongly believe that there is a 4th pillar that V2030 conceptualization
missed - NATIONAL COHESION. It is what is required to move forward and
fulfil the other plans. We could therefore argue that we need to sell Kenya
to Kenyans before we go out to foreigners. Otherwise all the positive
messages that will be put out there in selling Kenya to investors by whoever
(assuming we can get this right in the first instance) will soon be negated
by the bad attitudes that you speak of. And who said Kenya must be developed
by outsiders?

I hope I have not sounded like a barking dog.

tim mwololo