[kictanet] [Skunkworks] e-Gorvenment: What have been the achievements and challenges?

John K. Njoroge kabogojn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:51:46 EAT 2009

 More than challenges, what achievement of e-Government needs is (just to
name a few):

   1. HIGH-LEVEL COMMITMENT & E-LEADERSHIP

o       Ministerial E-Leadership

o       Departmental E-Leadership

o       Institutional Structures

*There is need for Change Management and Business Process Re-engineering
(within e-Government as a process)
*

   1. E-GOVERNMENT HUMAN RESOURCE CAPACITY

o       ICT literacy across the Civil Service

o       Emerging Technology Skills

o       Competency Teams

*There is need for continuous User Training, Technical training, Management
training*

   1. INFRASTRUCTURE FOR E-GOVERNMENT

o       Public-Private-People Partnerships (PPPP)

o       Government Budget (increase support for e-Government)

o       Development Partners

*There is now need to institutionalize PPPP (to better the Fibre and enhance
Universal Access)*

I am sure alot more is needed. Including joining in the Internet Govervance
debate/Forum (as a country - thanks to John Walubengo et al) and more more
e-Discussions (like the ongoing BPO discussions) geared towards building a
successful and sustainable Internet Community in Kenya and inform-educate &
communicate the use ICTs and Internet Agenda to as many Kenya as possible.

--
John K. Njoroge
Directorate of e-Government
Tel: 020-2227411 (Ext 22098)