[kictanet] Day 5 of 10- BPO Discussions, HR Issues

Badru Ntege ntegeb at one2net.co.ug
Mon Jun 8 18:29:34 EAT 2009

Capacity building in HR should be looked at from two points of view.

How do we re-equipe those graduates today who are through the system but
need the skills to get into BPO ??  and two how do we build long time
sustainability by creating a pool of BPO ready graduates.

We need to look beyond call centers when we talk about BPO and at times the
skills needed are not just Computer skills as many seem to mention.  As a
BPO operater i can assure you that what is needed is beyond basic computer
skills.

>From the submissions so far it is clear that the computers in schools
strategy is good. The needs now need to be addressed in a practical way. The
best way to build capacity is through practice.  Government as the biggest
employer should start considering outsourcing some of their functions to
local operators so as to build that practical experience and also for the
training GAP to be more accurately assesed.

regards