[kictanet] Day 3 of 10- BPO Discussions, Institutional Frameworks

Wainaina Mungai wainaina at madeinkenya.org
Thu Jun 4 15:02:56 EAT 2009

I like the solutions proposed by Gilda i.e significant budgetary
allocations (for infrastructure, capacity building and branding).

However, I'm yet to hear of a solution for the top 3 issues i.e.
political instability.

SOLUTIONS
1. We may have the messengers of political instability (our dear MPs,
PM and President) drafted into the branding campaign by having
President & PM as leaders in Branding inspite of their failures to
date (re; Geneva stand-off).

.....OR/and...

2. We may choose to make louder noises than the politicians. This will
require ''the media'' (old and new media) to partner with industry in
downplaying politics and highlighting development.

Wainaina