[kictanet] Day 2 of 10:-BPO discussions, Legal and Regulatory Frameworks

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Thu Jun 4 12:15:22 EAT 2009

Prof.  You raise good questions.  In my my view, the question on foreign
ownership should not arise now when we have thousands of our youth
jobless. Most of those who would work in foreign owned enterprises are our
future entrepreneurs.  They will have the opportunity to learn through the
ropes before embarking on an expensive venture.

We are focusing the resources into infrastructure now but in the next few
months, we begin to address capacity development.  This has been on our
rader as we developed the Multimedia University.  We did not have funding
to push the two development aspects concurently.  I am open for
suggestions.

The SEZ policy is ready at Trade Ministry.  The Law to establsh the
incentives is underway but nevertheless we shall leverage on the current
EPZ Law.

Regards

Ndemo.

> Dear Dr. Ndemo,
>
> Attached is material to guide theme 2 of e-discussion on BPOs. Any
> comments so far? Best wishes.
>
> Tim Waema
>

> On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 08:28 +0300, Prof. Waema wrote:
>> Dear Dr. Ndemo,
>>
>> I hope this finds you in a good state of health.
>>
>> Attached is the first theme of the BPO e-discussions over KICTANET
>> FYINA. We have 5 themes which will be discussed over a two week period,
>> starting Tue June 2nd.
>>
>> Please note that we have changed the day of the stakeholders' workshop
>> to Wednesday July 1st. You had agreed to be the guest of honour with the
>> earlier date. Please confirm that you can still be the guest of honour
>> to open the workshop on this new date.
>>
>> Best wishes.
>>
>> tim waema

> dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.
> "easy access to the world"

Delete & Prev |  Delete & Next
Move to: INBOX Drafts Sent Trash mail.Drafts mail.INBOX_Junk mail.Junk
mail.Old_Mail mail.Sent mail.Trash