[kictanet] Media Condoning Corruption

Victor Maloi victormaloi3 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 08:12:19 EAT 2009

Dear Folks,
On Monday the PS launched a Disaster Management System at Serena.  The
system objectives are to: 1) monitor incidences of extreme hunger in rural
areas and 2) monitor incidences of corruption (stealing of relief food) in
field offices.  Within six hours, some 3,500 had called the 109 toll free
number giving graphic details how releief food is being stolen by in some
cases agents working for relief organization.  The media safe for KBC and
K24, blacked out this initiative.

It has emerged that some directors of relief organizations were livid that
the Government did not consult them.  Indeed one of the major relief agency
has employed people from one village.  Instead of acting on the corruption
vice, they approached media to form a partnership ostensibly to "help the
poor".  They are meeting this morning to announce the partnership while
keeping a tight lid on the earlier initiatives.

Yawe, Crystal, indeed Technology works but as you can see our brothers in
the media can frustrate a noble objective to get even with government. Bwana
PS, I know the FOI is not law yet but we demand that these revelations are
published in alternative media if mainstream media is getting its hands
dirtied.

Victor.