[kictanet] Comms ACT - What happens to KENIC?

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Mon Jan 12 13:03:21 EAT 2009

Hi Michuki - My initial reaction is that CCK itself needs to be an
independent PPP and so cannot represent any other of the recognized
stakeholders (Govt/Civil Soc/PSector)  on the KENIC PPP Board. The
Government ideally would need to appoint another rep on the KENIC Board.

With regard to office hosting my understanding was that CCK was doing
KENIC a favour by helping with the start-up process and that arrangement
was meant to be temporary?

With regard to license fees it may be argued to be discriminatory if
KENIC is excepted while other registrars/registries are required to pay?

However the whole issue requires careful discussion.
Waudo