[kictanet] Broadcast/Media Section:-What are the good Aspects?-1day

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 12:46:31 EAT 2009

Folks,

I know alot has been shared.  But no harm reminding us what is good about this Act - under the Broadcast/Media section. My assumption is members have had a chance to go through the enacted amendments - I must admit it is  not easy - one must have the relevant Policy, Bill and the Amended Act together.

However, one easy thing I noted is the bit about the Programming Code - something that tries to regulate what is broadcasted on Radio, TV and on Internet ( the .ke internet I presume). I find this might be a good point to try and bring sanity in terms of reducing the current pornographic bias on our airwaves.

What do the others feel? Particularly those stakeholders whom am informed are just be coming out of the 1st Consultative Meeting at Serena Hotel this morning? (which incidentally shall reconvene on Thrs 15th Jan 2009 at 11am)

Any comments?
walu.