[kictanet] Local content in trouble?

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Tue Feb 3 16:54:15 EAT 2009

This section appears straight forward. My interpretation is that
83D.(1) (a) refers to Certification Agencies and 83D.(1)(b)
refers to .ke registrars both of whom require to be licensed by
the CCK. This is necessary to make the Internet a secure
environment to carry out e-commerce. I have not seen the section
that requires those publishing local content to have to pay.

Waudo
On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 14:34:10 +0300, "nancy bosire" <bozaya at gmail.com> said
:

  someone please explain this....
  83F. The Commission may,upon application in the prescribed
  manner and subject to such conditions as it may deem
  necessary,grant licences under this section authorizing a
  person to administer a sub-domain in the country code
  top-level domain. 83D.(1) No person shall – (a) operate an
  electronic certification system; or (b) update a repository or
  administer a subdomain in the Kenya country top level domain
  (.ke ccTLD); except in accordance with a licence granted under
  this Act. (2) A person who contravenes this section commits an
  offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not
  exceeding three hundred thousand shillings or to imprisonment
  for a term not exceeding three years,or both.
  who is the commission here.....CCK?
  i also hope its april fools in february!

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM, wesley kiriinya