[kictanet] Enquiry on Digital Broadcasting

Brian Munyao Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 18:10:54 EAT 2009

from keziodk at yahoo.com

My name is Kezio-Musoke David. I am a journalist with the Nation Media Grou=
p based in Nairobi. I actually cover Burundi and Rwanda and other parts of =
the great lakes region. I am working on a story to do with broadcasting mov=
ement from Analogue=C2=A0 to Digital and i am looking for information to un=
derstand the issue better.=20

1. What does it mean to move from analogue to digital for TV?

2. What are the benefits for that? Is DSTv digital or analogue?

3. Is it a preriquisite by ITU to move to digital?

4. I understand their is a target for African TV stations to move to digita=
l. Why and when is the target?=20

5. I also understand East Africa as in (EAC) has set a stardard to have all=
 TVs move to digital earlier than the ITU target. Any information on this w=
ill be appreciated ....

6. If you are in East Africa which of your TV stations are digital? Here in=
 Rwanda RTV is moving digital by next year. Nation TV was denied a license =
to operate in Kigali because of its analogue platform yet it operates in Ka=
mpala and Nairobi

NB: This information will be used in an article which will appear in the e-=
African section of the East African. I will credit anyone who doesnt mind .=
...=20

Kezio-Musoke David
Journalist
NMG

Musoke-Kezio David, ICT journo,=C2=A0Visual artist, Creative writer.=C2=A0
GSM: +256-772-5308749(Uganda), +250-08865917(Rwanda)=C2=A0 BLOGGER: http://=
africanict.blogspot.com, http://kezio-musoke.blogspot.com

--
Brian Munyao Longwe