[kictanet] @ 2010 Not Yet Uhuru

Okechukwu okechukwu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:38:18 EAT 2009

Facilitate & Regulate only? I think this is not true since when I look
at public transport in the west, they are owned by the Councils which
are the government. Facilitate and regulate might just be some of the
functions, but ownership, especially in infrastructure - transport &
communications - should be owned by the Government, albeit the local
council governments.

Sanity on the roads, on the other hand, is purely an attitude problem
with us the citizens - We jump onto public transport and they are
driven the way the are yet we don't raise a voice, We offer the cops
bribes or see them being offered bribes and do nothing about it. This
is entirely a personal thing and until our attitudes change - however
good the transport system is - we will not go anywhere.

Happy 2010

./Ok3ch